2019-2020 Course Catalog
Chatham Plan Profession Edge: Experiential Professional Preparation
Students are required to earn 3 Professional Preparation (PRO) credits over at least 2 courses which will include one of the following two learning outcomes:
- Students will create documents or projects that ask them to reflect on the development of their own professional competencies. (Good examples of reflective projects include journals, blogs, reflective essays, introductions to portfolios, etc.)
- Students will create documents or projects that will be useful to them in seeking employment or further education (including but not limited to resumes/CV, cover letters, personal statements, portfolios, etc.)
And two or more of the following learning outcomes:
- Students will explore professions related to their field of study and/or methods for obtaining a job.
- Students will identify and explain the importance of ethics, cultural competence, and professional behavior in their field of study.
- Students will master a technical skill related to their field of study, but outside of the normal curriculum, and demonstrate efficiency.
- Students will analyze professional management techniques and strategies.
- Students will apply knowledge and skills learned in their field to solve a related problem in an experiential or project-based setting.
- Students will gain proficiency in a standardized exam or certification process essential to their career path.